In order to start a new club (or take over for an existing club), there are a few steps that must be taken in order to participate in junior events in the North Texas Region. The next orientation will take place in September 2013 for the 2013-2014 season. If you have a group wanting to play in 2012-2013, we can recommend some clubs that offer metro or satellite options.
- Incorporate 6 months prior to the next season
- Read through the NTR handbook to familiarize yourself with region policies
- Create a club website
- 1. Choose a name for your club.* (Go to bottom of page to submit requested club name – available after July 2013). Approval may take a couple weeks)
- 2. Pay the new club fee ($100 for brand new clubs, $50 for directors taking over existing clubs) (this is typically collected at a new club director orientation)
- 3. Attend a New Club Directors Orientation
- these will be scheduled from September through December
- choose from the available dates at the bottom of this page (*none scheduled until 9/2013)
- NOTE: No new clubs may form after December
- 4. Sign the annual club agreement, along with providing payment of $50 for annual club fee (this is typically collected a the orientation).
- 5. After attending orientation, keep Club Directory up to date (you will be provided login and password after your orientation)
Once preparation for the season begins, all club directors must:
- Renew membership or establish membership with NTR/USAV
- Attend Junior Club Director meetings in the Fall
- Verify all directors and coaches have cleared a background screen prior to tryouts
- Submit request to sanction your practices and tryouts before they occur
- Scorekeepers/Officiating: Get 2 or more players certified in scorekeeping and get your coaches certified in officiating. (This can be done by either setting up your own clinic or have your players and coaches attend another club’s clinic).
- Set up your club information in Webpoint (the region will first enable your club admin access)
- Log in to Webpoint with your own information
- On the left, you will have a tab showing “Club Mgmt”
- You will add the names of your teams
- Once tryouts are complete, you will add players and coaches to rosters
- Have your coaches attend an IMPACT clinic or get proof of prior certification from them
*NOTE: When selecting a name for your club, please refrain from using the word “Texas” or “Dallas” in your name. A near saturation point has been reached with “Texas” and “Dallas” included in club names. It can often cause confusion at the national office as well as tracking result sat tournaments. So, when choosing a name for your new club, please refrain from using the word Texas or Dallas in the club name. Also check with the list of existing clubs to make sure that you are not choosing a name that is already being used.